Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Purposeful Design-Understanding the Creation



I’d like to introduce you to an award winning book, Purposeful Design - Understanding the Creation, and talented author Jay Schabacker.

According to Mr. Schabacker, “I wrote this book because I want everyone to have an immensely positive view of themselves, of this world that we are in, and of others, mostly through understanding our own astounding and loving creation.”

The following is an interview with this fascinating writer:

Please help us get to know you. What can you tell us about you? I’m a family man with grandkids spread all over the U.S. I’ve had such a varied career I can’t quite believe it – as an engineering graduate, I had a hand in NASA’s Apollo Moon Project. Then with an MBA in Finance and Investments, I had the opportunity to start an investment management  firm specializing in mutual funds.  I soon became interested in Creation, and as chairman of a Back to Genesis conference with Ken Ham in 1992, my horizons expanded. Now I am into providing the Good News to others thru books, speaking engagements and the like. Life is indeed interesting – even as I approach the 80th milestone.

What was the inspiration behind this book? I have a passion for others – how they are doing – and how they are thinking.

What do you hope the book accomplishes?  A) That Christian moms and dads would have a greater and more positive influence on their children’s world view and a God-centered approach to life. B) That children of all faiths and families would respond to God’s tug on their hearts and souls and thus dispense with all negative thoughts and actions that might be offensive to our God. C) That many more might be “Born Again” into the family of God.

For whom is the book written?   The book is written equally for all age groups. The concepts challenge me – as I researched them – and adults of all persuasions learn something that they have not been aware of before. Various age groups from lower elementary and on up find content in the book which is understandably presented and interesting. People tell me it is a book that they “can’t put down.”

Do you have a life verse or a verse that you have claimed, and why is it meaningful to you?   A couple of verses that have come to mind because they are on the subject of my work are  Psalm 66:5 – “Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man’s behalf!” and 1 Corinthians 12:18 –“But in fact, God has arranged the parts of the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.”

What is your greatest encourager when you write and why?   I discovered that the Holy Spirit (my greatest Encourager) was alive in my thought and thinking as I composed the pages of Purposeful Design – Understanding the Creation. At length I came to understand that I could not have done it on my own.
 
Jay Schabacker
A review by Cristi Schwamb in The Old Schoolhouse Magazine, LLC states, “This book is divided into seven chapters, each dealing specifically with a single day of creation. The chapters are packed with examples of how God’s design for our world is perfectly arranged so that life can exist the way we know it.”

Last thoughts by Jay Schabacker are: Part of why I wrote the book, Purposeful Design – Understanding the Creation, is to leave a positive legacy to my children, grandchildren, and two great-grandchildren. Of course, I believe there are negative consequences in not believing in God. And, also, I believe the concept of Purposeful Design trumps the worn out phrase of Intelligent Design – as Intelligent Design doesn’t invoke God’s personal touch. My message is simply – “There is a heavenly Father who loves you!” “Be thankful for it!”

To learn more, please visit:


Purposeful Design - Understanding the Creation is filled with colorful photos which depict pertinent illustrations to support the text. I believe that Jay Schabacker wants readers to understand that God has a plan, which included a very deliberately and intricately developed creation. I know that this is a book I want my own grandchildren to read and ponder. It is packed with information that makes one say, “Aha! This makes perfect sense!”

Spring is just around the corner, and I hope to be posting more often this year. For articles and reviews on South Carolina's Beach Author Network member books, please visit http://www.beachauthornetwork.blogspot.com or http://www.abookfeast4u.blogspot.com!

God bless,
Mary Anne Benedetto
 

Author of Eyelash, 7 Easy Steps to Memoir Writing: Build a Priceless Legacy One Story at a Time!, Never Say Perfect, From Italy with Love & Limoncello and Write Your Pet's Life Story in 7 Easy Steps!



2 comments:

  1. I love that God is raising up people to write books like this. I go into evidence for faith in God in my book Imagine the Future You, and point out that evolution is still an unproved theory and God left it up to the individual to decide what he will believe, His Word, or textbooks proved to be in error or expected to be outdated in a few years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing, Ada! God's word is the same yesterday, today and forever!

      Delete